Can I help you find something??

01 July 2014

Gluten Free White Chocolate Mudcake

I have posted my recipe for a regular White Chocolate Mudcake many times. 

I made it as the wedding cake at Saraid's wedding;

As the Grooms' cake at Julie's wedding;

And at many more baby showers than I remembered to post about too!

I wanted to have one of the cakes be gluten free at Madeleine's bunny Birthday party and so adapted my standard white chocolate mudcake recipe to use as the little cakes to accompany the main bunny rabbit butter cake. 


I dressed these ones up for the party to resemble cabbages, to represent a page in the Bunnies book talking about the naughty little bunnies who eat the cabbages in Farmer Brown's garden. 


I think because the cake is a dense and moist mud cake, it can handle the different flour consistency and I couldn't tell it was different at all. 


Ingredients

250g butter
150g white chocolate
2 cups caster sugar
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup self raising flour  - - OR, if you are doing gluten free, just use 2 cups of GF SR flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Method:

1. Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in a saucepan and stir over low heat until smooth. 

2. Whisk in the flour and then eggs

3. Pour into a prepared tin and bake for 2 hours, the first hour in a moderate slow oven without a cover on, and the second hour, with an aluminium foil cover to prevent it from drying out. 

When the cake is cooked it will be golden brown on top and a skewer will come out moist but dry (that doesn't make much sense I know, but it will when you try it!). 

The outside of the cake will form a real crust as it cools, which gives it an awesome crunch when you bite in.

I just use regular butter cream icing, but you could add some melted white chocolate to the icing too, although I find it perfectly sweet enough as is. 


post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful Meg. Really.

    You have such attention to detail... it amazes me.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg